Seats left: 0
Introduction to IBM Cloud Pak for Data
Learn how to make your data ready for an AI and multicloud world with the IBM Cloud Pak for Data platform. In this workshop, you will get an understanding of the IBM Cloud Pak platform, an open and extensible platform that runs on any cloud, and you will discover how this platform can accelerate your journey to AI to transform how your business operates. This workshop includes hands-on labs and takes place on two half-days: June 23 + 24, each day from 9:00 to 12:00.
Date: 23.06.20, 09:00 - 24.06.20, 12:00
Workshop format: This is a technical workshop with presentations, demos and hands-on exercises
Audience: Data Engineer, Data Architect, Data Scientist, Developer
Prerequisites for attendees:
- Basic understanding of Data, Business Intelligence, ETL, Statistics and Data Mining
- You will use your laptops to view demos and perform exercises
- Have an IBM Cloud account. If you don't have it yet, you can create it for free at cloud.ibm.com
Location: This is an online workshop. Participants and instructors will communicate via WebEx video conference.
Registration: To register for this workshop, you must be logged in at this web site using the menu option Login. If you don't have a user ID at this web site yet, create it by clicking on Login, then Sign up (link at the bottom), then check your mailbox to verify your new user ID. Then return to this page and register for the workshop by clicking the Register button at the bottom. You can always see the workshops you are registered for, using the menu option My events. Your registration is confirmed when you receive an email with the link to the WebEx video conference. This confirmation email will be sent at least three days before the workshop or earlier.
Price: This workshop is free of charge for all who register at this web site.
During this one day instructor led workshop, you'll gain experience with the main functionalities of IBM Cloud Pak for Data:
- collect data (make data simple and accessible)
- organize data (create a business-ready analytics foundation)
- analyze data (build and scale AI with trust & transparency)
- infuse data (operationalize AI throughout the business)
- Presentation of the Cloud Pak for Data platform, architecture of the platform
- Lab 1: Getting started: discover Cloud Pak for Data User Interface and main functionalities
- Lab 2: Review of the workshop Use Case
- Collect data (in-cluster databases, connect to existing data sources, Data Virtualization)
- Organize data (Watson Knowledge Catalog, Data Discovery, Data Refinery, ETL jobs)
- Lab 3: Review data connections
- Lab 4: Data Refinery, review Watson Knowledge Catalog concepts, run an ETL job)
- Lab 5: Data Virtualization
- Analyze and infuse data (Watson Studio, Notebooks, AutoAI, Watson Machine Learning, Watson OpenScale)
- Lab 6: Auto AI, running a notebook
- Lab 7: Model deployment
- Lab 8: Watson OpenScale
- Wrap Up
- Lab 9 : Wrap Up
We will go until lab 5 on the first day, and then do the analyze and infuse data section with labs 6 to 9 on the second day.
Please Login to register in this event!